Terms and Conditions
- If any details provided by you on your registration form change, you must notify Island Races Limited immediately in writing by emailing email@example.com. It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure their details are correct before they race. Any participants that have raced with incorrect personal information and do not notify us of the error before the prize presentation, will be disqualified and shown as DQ on the online results.
- Island Races Limited reserve the right to cancel your participation in the event if any information provided by you is found to be inaccurate in any way.
- You will be emailed prior to the event with further event details and instructions.
- Please note that all arrangements for the event, including the venue & date may be subject to change.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you have taken your own medical advice, and that you are medical are fit and healthy and have undertaken appropriate training and preparation to participate in the event.
- While Island Races Limited takes every care with the staging of the event, the participant acknowledges that personal accident and personal items insurance is his or her sole responsibility.
- You agree that you participate in the event at your own risk, and accept that Island Races Limited cannot be liable to the fullest extent permitted by law, for any personal injury sustained by you in any way or loss or damage to any personal property as a result of your participation in the event.
- You must abide by any rules or regulations of the event that may be notified to you by Island Races Limited or the venue owners at any point leading up to or at the event.
- You must show respect and courtesy towards other participants, spectators and Event Organisers. If you behave in any manner which is, in the Event Organiser´s opinion, poor sportsmanship or a risk to the safety of any other participant, spectators or anyone else in attendance at the event, this may result in you being disqualified from the event and removed from the venue.
- You are responsible for the safe keeping of your own personal possessions and those of any spectators you may bring to the event. Personal possessions left unattended at the venue in any facilities provided or otherwise are left entirely at your own risk.
- Island Races Limited are not responsible for any third party organisations that may provide other services at the event. You use any such services at your own risk.
- If the event has to be postponed for any reason, Island Races Limited will endeavour to arrange an alternative event, and you will be notified of the new date and venue of the rearranged event. These terms and conditions will continue to apply to the rearranged event. No refund will be given if you do not wish or are unable to participate in the rearranged event. Accommodation fees will not be refunded if the event is re-scheduled.
- If the event has to be cancelled and not rescheduled you will receive a refund of your registration fee minus a 20 % deduction to cover administration costs.
- If access to a published course is restricted for any reason an alternative course will be used. If water temperatures prevent an open-water swim going ahead, the triathlon will be adapted to a duathlon and the event will proceed as normal. Entry fees will not be refunded for anyone choosing not to participate in the adapted event.
- You agree to photographs and video being taken at the event and that any images of you may be used by Island Races Limited in any media regarding the event and to market and advertise the event or any other similar events.
- By registering you are agreeing to any data provided being used by Island Races Limited to contact you regarding their other events.
The Participant acknowledges that participant places are limited and payment of the Fee and reservation of the place has an affect on logistics and the subscription for the Event. On receipt, your entry fee will be invested into the cost for staging the event. Thus we are unable to offer a full refund if you pull out of the event. If you withdraw more than 100 days before the event, we will return 75% of your entry fee. If you withdraw less than 100 and more than 25 days before the event, we’ll return 50% of the entry fee. If you withdraw within 24 days of the event we regret we are unable to offer a refund and cannot transfer your entry as the fee will have been fully spent on staging the event. Any withdrawal shall be notified by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of a Force Majeure, Island Races will not be liable for any refunds or recompense. “Force Majeure” means an act of God including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, windstorm or other natural disaster; act of any sovereign including but not limited to war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, nationalisation, requisition, destruction or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority or imposition of government sanction embargo or similar action; terrorism; law, judgment, order, decree, embargo, blockade, labour dispute including but not limited to strike, lockout or boycott; interruption or failure of utility service including but not limited to electric power, gas, water or telephone service; failure of the transportation of any personnel, equipment, machinery supply or material required by Island Races Limited for the provision of services pursuant to this Agreement; breach of contract by any essential personnel or any other matter or cause beyond the control of Island Races Limited.
Publicity and Results
The Participant irrevocably consents to:
- His/her appearance in the Event being filmed, recorded, incorporated and exploited in whole or in part in any television program, film, video or broadcast of whatever nature by all means and in all media and formats now or invented after the date of these Conditions; and
- The use and reproduction of the Participant’s name, likeness, appearance and photographs, films and recordings by all means and in all media for the purpose of advertising, publicity and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of the Event (and future events) and/or the promotion of the Event (and future events) and the commercial rights relating to the Event (and future events) provided that such use does not imply direct endorsement by the Participant of any official sponsor or supplier of the Event.
- Any film, photographs (by camera or mobile phone), or any other recording of moving or still picture, and all intellectual property in connection therewith (including but not limited to copyright) shall remain the property of Island Races Limited, and where such intellectual property does not automatically vest in the Event Organiser, these Conditions shall constitute a legally binding assignment thereof and/or the Participant shall sign all reasonable documentation required to give affect thereto. Accordingly any such recording shall not be used other than for private use without Island Races Limited prior written consent.
- Island Races Limited will use best endeavors to provide an Event finish time for the Participant however it cannot be held responsible for any computer result anomalies or any technical malfunctions.
- The Participant is made aware that Island Races may make use of drones for the production of aerial video and photography. The Participant acknowledges that the drones may fly within less than 30m of the Participant before, during, or after the event and, by agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, authorises this use by Island Races Limited and or their subcontractors.
For the purposes of this condition, personal information includes medical data collected for health and safety purposes (“Personal Information”).
- Personal information can be stored, used by Island Races Limited and our event partners in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the Event.
- Medical information will only be used to allow medical assistance to be given on the event date.
- Personal information and data may be used by Island Races Limited and our event partners in connection with the compilation of statistical information and to improve health and safety procedures at future events.
- Name and contact details can be used by Island Races Limited., and our event partners for the purposes of:-
-the promotion and marketing of the event;
-adding to a mailing list to keep informed about any future events and services which Island Races Limited believe might be of interest, such as leisure activities relating to either similar types of events or activities;
-promotional and marketing material in respect of similar events, other community based activities organised by our event partners.
- All necessary steps will be taken to ensure that personal information or marketing information pertaining or relating to you which comes into the possession or control of Island Races Limited or our Event partners shall not be used or reproduced in whole or in part in any form except for the purposes outlined in these Conditions.
- If you would not like Island Races Limited or our Event partners to use the Marketing Information or Personal Information other than for purposes related solely to your participation in the Event, please e-mail Island Races Limited, at email@example.com. You may also withdraw your consent by ticking the appropriate box on your application form.
- I am aware that by agreeing to the terms and conditions I will receive a limited number of welfare emails which will include training information and latest updates on the Event itself.
The participant acknowledges that participation in the Event is physically strenuous. It is acknowledged that participation in the will be physically demanding and the Participant is aware of the nature of the Event and associated medical and physical risks involved.
- The Participant agrees that he/she is physically capable of competing in the Event and agrees to be solely responsible for his/her actions and the Event Organiser, its officers, employees, agents, affiliates, associated companies, sponsors or medical advisers are not responsible for any injury or illness that the Participant may suffer as a result of his/her participation in the Event. The Participant accepts that should any medical or physical condition arise prior to the Event which is likely to affect his/her ability to compete; the Participant will withdraw in accordance with these Conditions.
- The Participant agrees to abide by all applicable rules and regulations including the British Triathlon Federation (“BTF”) Competition and Doping rules and the rules and regulations of the International Triathlon Union (“ITU”). The Participant shall not be entitled to a refund of the Fees if he or she is disqualified from the Event as a result of an infringement of these Conditions or any such rules and regulations. The Event Organiser is also entitled to impose Event rules upon the Participant from time to time which will form part of these Conditions. The relevant rules and regulations may be obtained from www.britishtriathlon.org and triathlon.org
- The Participant must register and rack their bicycle at the times and on the day as instructed in the Event Information which will be issued by the Event Organiser before the Event.
It is the Participant’s responsibility to provide and use a roadworthy bicycle and helmet which comply with BTF rules and regulations. If required the Participant will supply their bike for inspection.
- The Event Organiser may introduce cut off times as they see fit as part of the Event rules, being limits on the time taken to complete sections of the Event (as initiated by the Event Organiser at its discretion) to ensure the safe and proper running of the Event. Subsequently, competitors may be instructed to withdraw from the race in accordance with imposed cut off times.
For the avoidance of doubt, no refund of the Entry Fee will be made to the Participant if they do not meet the Cut-off Times imposed by the Event Organiser and advertised on the Event Organiser’s website.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right at any time to remove Participants from the Event or prevent Participants participating in the Event if in the Event Organiser’s sole discretion, it considers such action necessary for safety reasons or the proper enjoyment of the Event by other Participants or for any other reasonable reason. No refund of the Fee shall be made if the Participant has acted negligently, maliciously, with willful misconduct or otherwise without due care and attention for the Event or other participants, so as to cause his/her removal.
- While the Event Organiser takes every care with the staging of the Event, the Participant acknowledges that personal accident and personal items insurance is his or her sole responsibility.
- All decisions and rulings by the Event Organiser, its employees and its agents are considered final. Accordingly, the Participant will comply with all Event rules and all instructions and guidelines given by stewards, marshal’s, and safety personnel. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Event Organiser will organise and run the Event and will have sole authority and be the final arbiter on all decisions relating to the safety, running and organisation of the Event, the rules of the Event, the timings/finish times and the placings.
- These Conditions are personal to the Participant and it may not assign any of its rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the Event Organiser. The Participant represents and warrants that the Entry is purchased for personal use only, that it cannot be donated free of charge or otherwise given away for free, and that it is not purchased as part of any form of business or commercial activity (save as expressly authorised by the Event Organiser), and in particular, that the Entry may not be resold or offered for resale by anyone whether at a premium or otherwise and may not be used for advertising, promotion use as a prize (including in competitions and sweepstakes), travel packages, or for any other trade purposes. Donation, give away, resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure or cancellation without refund or other compensation.
By entering this event, an Island Events Limited race, I declare that I enter it at my own risk and that I am fully responsible for my own safety. I further understand that the organisers of the race and the officials appointed by them shall under no circumstances be liable for any property damage or theft, illness, injury, death, damage or loss sustained in connection with this event. I agree to abide by the regulations laid down by the British Triathlon Federation and that it is my responsibility to learn these rules. Where appropriate I will use a BTF approved cycle helmet,wetsuit and adequate clothing at the event. I note the event is run on public roads and footpaths and will abide by the Highway Code and rules of the road and not put myself or anyone else in danger. I agree to the use of my image for promotional purposes. I will not participate unless I am fit to do the event nor if I am feeling unwell or recovering from illness. I declare I will be at least 17 years old on 31 December 2016. (If 15 or above on this date, I agreed to contact the organisers and provide written parental consent). I declare I have filled in this form correctly. I note the organisers reserve the right to change the course or any aspect of the event without notice. The race organisers reserve the right to stop any individual from starting or finishing the race for any reason.